[Tagging] Proposal: Rename wiki status "Approved" to "Published"

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Apr 3 16:20:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> On 04/03/2015 05:01 PM, Tod Fitch wrote:
> > I personally interpret a voted on wiki proposal as “recommended”.
>
> Ideally, "recommended by 25 users", just to bring a perspective to things
> ;)
> But humour aside, I applaud the idea of getting rid of "approved".

The problem with "recommended by 25 users" is that's before the tag is
actually used.
It's like Yelp! reviews made during a restaurant’s opening week.

Taginfo has another measure: *the number of people who have edited a node
with the given tag. *
That does not, but could, appear in the wiki.

--
A tiny unrepresentative sample of osm mappers vote.
I hope to increase vote participation (*for example I wrote and proposed