[Tagging] Proposal: Rename wiki status "Approved" to "Published"

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Fri Apr 3 16:09:48 UTC 2015

On 3 April 2015 at 10:22, Bryce Nesbitt <bryce2 at obviously.com> wrote:
> The proposal on the table is to change the wiki status of "Approved" to read
> "Published",
> with no other changes.  The feeling is the term "published" is less likely
> to cause new mappers to incorrectly weight the tagging conventions described
> on the wiki.

I appreciate your effort to bring more clarity in the different wiki statuses.

However, I don't think changing the status 'Approved' to 'Published'
is a good idea. In my opinion, 'approved' is exactly what it is: a
proposal approved by the OSM community.

The fact that only a small number of people vote is not relevant, as
anybody in the community can get involved in the tag selection process
if they want to.

In short, I oppose this proposal.

-- Matthijs