[Tagging] Edit of wiki page amenity=drinking_water for man_made=water_tap

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:53:35 UTC 2015

> No. The correct way is
>
> man_made=water_tap
>
> drinking_water=yes
>
> See the wiki.. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dwater_tap
>
> The addition of amenity=drinking_water may get it rendered .. but that is
> just tagging for the render.

no to your "no" and to the term "correct" ;-)

I agree with Mateusz, you can use amenity=drinking_water and
man_made=water_tap on the same object (if you want you can also add the
additional tag drinking_water=yes). I don't think your edit to the drinking
water tag page was necessary, but it also doesn't seem you had introduced
any inconsistencies.

Please also be aware that the wiki documents the current state of tagging
(where most publicly usable water taps are tagged as
amenity=drinking_water).

Cheers,
Martin