[Tagging] model airplane "airfield"

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:27:40 UTC 2015

> Am 07.04.2015 um 18:04 schrieb Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>:
>

> Yes, Leisure= is needed for sport=.

it is typically done like this, but it is not needed, you could have also other tags where a combination with the key sport might have sense, eg amenity=club

> Not knowing what kind of location the model airplane club is located, I didn't want to suggest that tag. For example, inside of a building might be leisure=sports_center, sport=model_aerodrome.

thing is, aerodrome or model aerodrome, is not a sport nor an activity, it is a physical  place. It doesn't fit into the set of other values that can be found within "sport".
In your example you could have an area leisure=sports_centre and within this area you could have another area leisure=model_aerodrome, sport=model_aviation

cheers
Martin