[Tagging] model airplane "airfield"

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Apr 7 20:05:14 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> wrote:

> thing is, aerodrome or model aerodrome, is not a sport nor an activity, it
> is a physical  place. It doesn't fit into the set of other values that can
> be found within "sport".

You might want to change the wiki entry for sport=model_aerodrome then. (I
wouldn't object) I remembering my parents trying to get me to take up
bowling. They kept saying it is a great sport. But any activity that
involves smoking and drinking isn't really a sport.

Seeing as archery and shooting are olympic sports and gambling is
considered a sport, you could argue that model airplanes are technically a
sport. Unfortunately we shouldn't leave people to guess which tag to use.
Right now the wiki has sport=model_aerodrome so it is a valid tag.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us