[Tagging] Straw pole Temperature=objective default unit?

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 05:13:19 UTC 2015

On 9 April 2015 at 14:00, Jan van Bekkum <jan.vanbekkum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would prefer a degree symbol. Otherwise you never can be sure that C is
> meant by a mapper from a F region.

Do you mean that, or do you mean a unit symbol?

i.e. do you mean the degree symbol (°) should be present, or do you mean
that C or F should always be present?

Personally I think a degree symbol (°) should not be required, because it's
hard to type, and a C or F should not be required, but if it's missing we
assume C.

You can never be sure that any mapper means something different from what
they recorded.  Either you assume they are correct, or you verify it for
yourself.  I tend to go with the former, otherwise it will drive you mad.

--
Andrew