[Tagging] New values for entrance=

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 10 11:06:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>       In case of
>       building=apartments entrances, often both entrances are used by
>       the residents of the buildings, visitors, and for loading
>       (actually, for
>       goods
>       vehicle rather than on which side the entrance is, that is, no
>       steps,
>       no barriers, and preferably no tricky cornering required). So
>       where is
>       the =main/service difference?
>
> just because there are (lots of) cases where these details don't apply
> doesn't mean we should not have tags for those situations where we can use
> these tags.

???

I wasn't at all arguing to remove them :-). I said myself earlier that
I see entrance=staircase sort of subclass of entrance=main [1] and have
explained multiple times why I think it's needed from mapper point of
view. Also, I've mentioned condition where I'd use entrance=service for
building=apartments [2].

--
 i.

[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2015-April/023681.html