[Tagging] New values for entrance=

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:39:51 UTC 2015

> Am 10.04.2015 um 13:06 schrieb Ilpo Järvinen <ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi>:
>
> I see entrance=staircase sort of subclass of entrance=main [1]

if I came along an entrance=staircase tag I'd probably think it was not a main entrance. Fire regulations typically lead to staircases having exits to the outside (or close by), and very often you will be able to reach a staircase close to the main entrance, but when there is a tag explicitly telling that the entrance is of a staircase type then I'd expect it not to be the main entrance (otherwise it would have been tagged as main, I'd guess)

cheers
Martin