[Tagging] sport=shooting & Shooting Range

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 22:25:46 UTC 2015

On 13/04/2015 2:15 AM, Andreas Goss wrote:
> I had already looked at this in the past and stumbled on it again with
> paintball today.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:sport%3Dshooting
>
> What's the best way to tag a shooting range?
>
> shooting=range make no sense to me. When sport= isn't a physical tag
> then how can a subtag be one?

I would tag
sport=shooting as an area for preference .. that being the physical area
where the shooting takes place.
It should be used with some other tag .. say leisure=pitch? Pity the
wiki does not specify it!

> So shouldn't this rather be used for the type of weapon or a specific
> shooting sport?

I think shooting=range is not correct .. maybe shooting=gun to signify
the type of shooting ... compared to arrow, crossbow, cannon ...