[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailhead

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Apr 12 23:50:04 UTC 2015

The trailhead proposal is long overdue. They are common around areas I've
lived in the US. They usually have limited parking, signage, sometimes a
place to pay, and some even have permanent or portable restrooms. Thanks
for creating the proposal.

A couple of comments on the proposal:

A node for the location of a trailhead make sense. But help me understand
when a trailhead way or relation would apply. I would suggest explaining it
on the wiki.

I would also characterize a tailhead as an access point to a trail instead
of the beginning of a trail.

Clifford

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Brandon Knight <bknight430 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A trailhead can most simply be defined as the point at which a trail
> begins. My proposal aims to seek approval for the mapping and tagging of
> trailheads as nodes, ways, areas, or relations.  Please see the proposal
> for further information.  Comments and suggestions are welcome here or in
> the Discussion page.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/trailhead
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brandon Knight