[Tagging] Highway barrier

johnw johnw at mac.com
Tue Apr 14 11:12:35 UTC 2015

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
> I'd tend to think this would be an enforcement device and a barrier.  Though, shark teeth would be something different, tagged with highway=give_way where the centerline of the way crosses the pavement marking.

Wouldn’t the enforcement be the camera on the road reading your plate number?

enforcement is about catching people breaking the existing rules.

barriers about blocking access, so you can’t break the rules. I can ram a fence, smash a bollard, or go over tire spikes, but they are physically trying to prevent my access, rather than record rule breakers for fines later.

Mapping these should be a way of two nodes very close together, shared with the highway they are on (before spikes & after spikes nodes).

The direction of the way is the allowed direction of motion.

Javbw