[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailhead

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Apr 16 05:59:00 UTC 2015

Trials often overlap with other trails, fire roads (tracks) and may actually be tracks for most of the path until it turns off near the top of a peak or goes away from a restricted access zone.

The Subashiri route on Mt Fuji is a pedestrian road, steps, trail, track, trail.. Etc as it overlaps with a bulldozer road for servicing the "stations", and has concrete and stone steps in places.

Every state park I have been in in California uses pieces of fire roads for parts of almost all routes, to the trail is partially partially path and partially track.

I have never made a route relation yet, but as I understand it, to link those different parts together would require a route relation.

Would making the entrance=trailhead part of that (or leisure=trailhead) part of that be incorrect? Or are we talking about two different things?

Javbw