[Tagging] Money transfer amenities

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Thu Apr 16 15:56:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 4:02 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> not sure if I'd put the pawnshop in this category, because it opens a whole
> field of similar stuff (e.g. second hand shops of different types). Around
> here, also post offices offer services similar to banks (i.e. they do have a
> banking department).

In the USA a pawn shop and a secondhand shop would not be confused.
The pawn industry is really set up for "short term loans", much like a
cash version of a bank:
http://pawnshopstoday.com/
They do a lot of business in jewelry.

--
Other than pawn shop, these low income services tend not to have
dedicated buildings.  A given shop may