[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Apr 17 07:29:17 UTC 2015

> But there's no (easy) way to define an address connected to an unnamed road.  Way numbers
> are not supported for addr:street, afik.

most residential roads are totally unnamed in Japan. Most larger roads have a number (and a name). motorways (outside Tokyo) have only names.

What we would call street address numbers they call lot numbers, done in an odd grid arrangement from larger neighborhood blocks, which is very similar to campground numbering -

Occasionally site #1 is next to site #23, but when viewed on a map the pattern of the numbering makes logical sense.

So following the same labeling system as apartment numbers, building refs on a single campus, or other non-street related ref systems should work for campsites.

Javbw