[Tagging] Tagging of pitches within a campsite

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Fri Apr 17 11:02:47 UTC 2015

On April 17, 2015 3:40:41 AM PDT, Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>On 2015-04-17 07:39, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>>
>> If you entered Pinnacles Campground Site 12 into your OSM powered
>GPS,
>> would you not be happy if it took you all the way to Site 12?

Yes, but I don't think addr:housenumber is the way to go.

>> In practice that would also require:
>>
>>      addr:housenumber=12
>>      addr:street=[unnamed service road]
>
>They are not really housenumbers. The campsite as a whole might have an
>
>address with housenumber, street etc, but each pitch doesn't.

+1

>Better to use addr:unit for the number/name/reference of each pitch. As
>
>its says on the wiki, addr:unit is for "The number, letter, or name of
>single unit or flat that exists within a larger complex."

I think that addr:unit was discussed for this use a couple of years ago. I don't remember the details and the limited bandwidth and tools at my disposal at the moment are keeping me from doing a search. My first reaction is that addr:unit is part of the address name space and it seems that if the rest of the name space tags are not used in this context maybe it shouldn't be either.

Cheers,
Tod