[Tagging] proposal - camp_site=

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:56:06 UTC 2015

I was doing some mapping in Michigan and noticed that the National Park
Service uses the tag

backcountry=yes

to indicate remote or primitive camping areas. I think it needs to be added
it to the list of related tags in this proposal. There are 1300 of these
tags existing presently. It might also need inclusion on the other
camp_site page we've been working with.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:59 AM, David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 09:02 +1000, Warin wrote:
>
>  https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Camp_Site
>
> > My comment. Any reason for the colours?
> >

> Honestly, no, I prefer the (eg) map makers determined what suits them
> best. Quite happy to swap as you suggest but wonder if the proposal
> would be better without any suggested Icons ? I like icons where they
> describe what they are but here the colours are arbitrary.
>
> > I'd think the blue is associated with water .. and might be better with
> 'standard' rather than 'serviced'? Possibly swap those two colours?
>
> David

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand