[Tagging] electric zigarrettes

Thorsten Alge lists at thorsten-alge.de
Fri Apr 24 16:46:23 UTC 2015

> I fear at this stage we can only agree to disagree : to me using
> e-cigarettes *is* smoking. I don't care much for the physicist's
> definition of "smoke". It's the social/medical definition that matters
> here, the one that gets turned into laws and ultimately into osm tags.

No offence but it is more a matter of law and house rules. Smoking (a
cigarette) is strongly regulated by law in Germany and only partly by
operators of amenities. In the case of vaporizers its for the operator
to decide. So we have amenities where it is forbidden to smoke
cigarettes but allowed to use vaporizers.
So I don't want to take up the cudgels for vaporizers but I also think
if we tag smoking=* we should also tag for vaporizers.