[Tagging] Artist studio?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:59:54 UTC 2015

> Are we speaking of artists or of studios?
> Can't artists perform in various places, e.g. at home?
> After defining artist_studio, will we define artist_house, artist_xyz
> exactly the same?

-1
an artist studio might be at home (e.g. in a house, i.e. where the artist
lives), might be used by a collective of artists or by several artists
which work together or indepently from each other, it is a facility, not a
person. This thread is about a studio used by artists.

> building=anykind  (e.g. studio)
> (equivalent to building:anykind=yes which is usable for multiple,
> simultaneous building types)
> anykind:artist=hisart
> or, equivalently,
> anykind:artist=hisart=yes (... multiple arts)

-1
this would lead to stuff like
building=power_station
power_station:artist=*

The building tag is about a building. A studio is typically a part of a
building, not a building itself. The kind of building should not make a
difference to how we tag the artist inside it.

> The artist is, let us say, a property or characteristic of the building,
> or rather of its particular type

-1, the artist is not a characteristic of the building and should not be
merged with the building, we should rather have distinct objects for the
two.

> and his website
> artist:website=http://...
> or, if he had split his arts: