[Tagging] AE and BE orthography in tagging

Lauri Kytömaa lkytomaa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:57:31 UTC 2015

> Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> - railway=subway -> not sure why this was chosen, "underground" seems a
>> reasonable BE candidate while the "metro" term seems to be Paris-related in

If my memory serves me right, I've read an ancient (in OSM context)
discussion about it: most subway/underground/metro systems contain
sections that are not underground, so with two possible terms, the one
which doesn't give the impression that the whole track system must be
underground was chosen.

--
alv