[Tagging] New Key capacity:*=n values

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Aug 5 10:37:31 UTC 2015

> On Aug 2, 2015, at 4:25 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 01.08.2015 um 14:29 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>
>> I want to say that only disabled vehicles can gain access through a barrier or use a parking isle.
>

> access=no
> disabled=yes

 looked up the disabled=yes key, and I see this combo is the documented way to tag the disabled access.

But it feels wrong tagging a “customers” dominated facility with access=no, even though customers can go there.

I know it seems kind of a meaningless difference, but making a positive tag (like access=customers) via access=disabled seems to use access=no in a more consistent way.  none of these parking lots are access=no+customers=yes.

having a bit of service road in the middle of a mall render with the red dashed lines when it can be used by “customers” who are disabled seems a little wrong.

I’ll follow the documented way, because I don’t want to tag for the renderer, but it seems weird.

Javbw