[Tagging] Contact:* prefix

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Aug 6 22:38:44 UTC 2015

On 04/08/2015 14:07, Michał Brzozowski wrote:
> This means just not to add contact details of private persons like me or you.

OK, but it needs to be amended because that's not what it says

> As per contact: prefix, opponents argue it's redundant. Isn't so addr:
> as well? In reality keys with and without contact: are equivalent.
> My argument for using it is that new popular services for
> communication appear every year nowadays, and contact: prefix makes it
> clear and easy to standardize. You can have contact:facebook,
> contact:twitter, contact:instagram and so on.

I don't see how it standardizes when, as you point out, the popular
content for the key on the right ie facebook, twitter etc varies yearly.

If data manipulators want to process 'contacts' they still have to
perform the same parsing so there's no gain there.

For some tag developments i can see the benefits, but I'm struggling
with this one I'm afraid.

Cheers
Dave F.