[Tagging] Contact:* prefix

Andreas Goss andig88 at t-online.de
Sun Aug 9 06:57:45 UTC 2015

> Isn't so addr:
> as well?

I actually don't like the addr: either. Because in most editors it means
I have to type addr:s to get autocomplete, while it just have to type
"ph" to get phone. Especially on mobile with the : it's not that great.

In addition we have so many tools and good editors these days that check
for missing tags isn't that big of a deal. Also a lot of stuff like
country or state or maybe even postalcodes in the future can be taken
from boundaries so only a few addr: tags remain.

I mean we are at a point where it makes no sense to reverse it, but I
honstly don't even see the big advantages there. And as Martin pointed
out it was still more logical than contact. Ever tried to contact a
company on Facebook or Twitter? Well, good luck.