[Tagging] Contact:* prefix

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Aug 9 21:51:30 UTC 2015

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 12:56 AM, Andreas Goss <andig88 at t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Overall I only see that this in some way might be usefull for phone and email. But I think it's better to assume phone= is used for some basic contact number and then use other tags like phone:emergency= or phone:reception if we want to tag more.

+1

In Japan, text input is historically very difficult in a car GPS Navi situation (smartphones are changing this), so the Navi has a phone number associated with almost any business or attraction in its database, so you would search by phone number to get the destination into the Navi. Even parks and sports grounds (baseball fields, etc) have a phone number associated with them, so phone= is a very useful field - not for contact, but for location lookup.

Javbw