[Tagging] Contact:* prefix

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:49:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 10:23:44AM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > Am 07.08.2015 um 00:38 schrieb Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com>:
> >
> > For some tag developments i can see the benefits, but I'm struggling with this one I'm afraid.
>

> +1
> while in the addr:-namespace all keys are actually address components, this can be contested for the contact: namespace. A website for instance is not primarily a means of contact, sometimes it might not be suitable at all for contact purposes, but still there are generally good reasons to add website tags (further information and context).

that is the exact point explaining why there is a need for contact:website.
A website= is generally not a contact page but the homepage. Otoh contact:website=
should contain a specific page for conatct, be it a contact form or perhaps
a page listing all phone numbers.

The number of comunication apps is steadilly on the rise, many companies
advertise contact:skype and similar - any data consumer that knows "contact:"
can find and display those without even knowing they exist.

Richard