[Tagging] landcover=trees definition

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Aug 10 11:43:58 UTC 2015

W dniu 10.08.2015 12:29, Jean-Marc Liotier napisał(a):

> To me, it seems that mapping this area as a combination of
> landuse=residential and landcover=grass would be most fitting. I have
> thought about using the landuse=residential + natural=grass
> combination instead, but those lawns do not strike me as natural.

Whenever you can find the function of the area it's better to choose
landuse, but I have hard time trying to guess what is the "use" of grass
in general. You're right - natural=* namespace is rather unsuitable here
and landcover is just safer.

You may even consider landcover=lawn scheme, but Taginfo tells that it's
currently unused and instead landcover=Lawn (with a big "L") is used 626
times, strangely enough.

down" [A. Cohen]