[Tagging] landcover=trees definition

Lauri Kytömaa lkytomaa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:49:59 UTC 2015

Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
> landuse=residential + natural=grass combination
> instead, but those lawns do not strike me as natural.

The grass is natural (plants), unless it's some sort of man made
plastic artificial grass imitation). The key natural never was only
about geographical features, nor was it only about the "untouched
wild" natural features; the tagging recommendation change that was
allowed to take place by mistake, i.e. to use natural vs. landuse for
"primeval" woods vs. in any way managed woods should not be allowed to
creep into the meaning of other things tagged with the natural key.

--
alv