[Tagging] Help undoing an admin level 3 edit to Japan

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 12:35:26 UTC 2015

On 11/08/2015 12:30, johnw wrote:
> A few months ago, someone enabled admin level 3 on regional boundaries
> in Japan.
>
> This is an error, but I don’t know how to deal with it.

The first thing that I'd do would be to find the change that introduced
the problem, identify the mapper concerned (which can be tricky where
there are lots of changes) and explain to them (via a changeset
discussion comment is often best, because it's public) why what they did
was incorrect.  From there I'd link to where the Japanese community
discusses boundaries (which might be the wiki, but often is somewhere else).

You can use this to look at the history of relations:

http://osm.mapki.com/history/relation.php?id=1803923

and if the changeset concerned is (as it appears to be at first glance)
this one:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/22663880

you can mention something about "accurate changeset comments" too :)

It's also perhaps worth mentioning this sub-forum:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=29724

where as well as international boundaries, problems caused by other
boundaries are also sometimes discussed.

Cheers,

Andy