[Tagging] Sidewalk=none vs sidewalk=no

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Aug 11 17:13:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Andrew MacKinnon <andrewpmk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Which is better, sidewalk=none or sidewalk=no? It seems like none is
> more popular but no probably makes more sense because it is similar to
> the tagging schemes used for other things like foot=no and bicycle=no.

Personally I prefer sidewalk=none. No implies not allowed where none just
means that sidewalks do not exist on either side of the highway. The wiki
does say that 'no' is preferred without giving a reason. No does make sense
if permissions were involved as foot=no or bicycle=no.

If nothing else, Taginfo has 'none' as the overwhelming choice.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us