[Tagging] Move tag to a subtag (landuse=port)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:26:20 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 18.08.2015 um 16:45 schrieb Stefano <sabas88 at gmail.com>:
>
> For the data part, I would replace landuse=port with landuse=industrial+industrial=port where applicable (checking each occurrence). I already did this in my city http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/b0N
>
> For the wiki page I would move the name from Tag:landuse%3Dport to Tag:industrial%3Dport (I see that there are 3 translations, do they move as well?)
>
> What's your opinion?

I would use
man_made=port
similar to works etc.

landuse is a property and not a feature the way I see it. Features are typically not defined in the landuse namespace but in amenity, man_made, leisure etc.
Industrial features are usually in man_made

Subtags for landuses should imho further specify the landuse class (ideally with a key name that explicitly states the kind of property that is described, eg landuse_density or industrial:branch rather than "industrial" because there is no natural order, have a look here:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/industrial#values
industrial=oil/factory/well_cluster/timber/agriculture/salt_pond/autowrecker???
Can you tell what is the system behind these tags? Is there any? Does port fit? Would maritime fit better? Are those values on the same level of granularity? IMHO no to all of these questions

cheers
Martin