[Tagging] Opening hours specification

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 21 11:29:37 UTC 2015

BTW while it is still work in progress (now mainly because the android
UI isn't finished yet)
https://github.com/simonpoole/OpeningHoursParser is a JavaCC based
parser which attempts to implement the full spec, undoubtedly I've
probably missed one or two special cases, but it is fairly complete.

It currently successfully parses 108'455 of 122'100 test strings (with
some relaxation of rules) of those that fail 10'569 seem to be valid
lexical errors and a large part of the remaining errors seem to have
other issues. The test strings were extracted from the OSM database
(nodes only).

As you say the specification itself is overly complicated (the
"optional" colon is not really a problem, except that it is not really
clear where it is allowed, there is some further similar fuzziness wrt
comments) and definitely shouldn't have more stuff added to it (with
perhaps the exceptions of adding further variable dates and similar things).

Simon