[Tagging] diplomatic institutions (with tl;dr)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 01:13:10 UTC 2015

On 25/08/2015 10:21 PM, serpens-osm at gmx.de wrote:

> Example (Spanish consulate in France – MY PROPOSAL):
>
>    amenity=diplomatic         <--- it’s a diplomatic institution
>    diplomatic:type=consulate  <--- more specififc: it’s a consulate
>    diplomatic:sending=ES      <--- machine-readable ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code
>    diplomatic:destination=FR  <---                  -- " --
>
>    name=Spanish consulate
>    addr:country=FR

Are you only considering visas here? It is not clear.

To me the sending and destination tags are confusing.

If for visas then the visa is;

issued for a certain county (usually the same country that the mission acts for).

issued to national of the country the mission resides in and possibly other people too.

so I'd tag as an example

diplomatic:visa:for=ES
diplomatic:visa:from=FR;GB;AU    there may be a case for "all" or "any" where anyone can apply.

Diplomatic missions do other things other than issue visas. Import/export things, Aid.....
So I'd not tag diplomatic as only being one thing.