[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:29:33 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 26.08.2015 um 02:09 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
> The difference between a building used as a supermarket compared to a department store is the internal fitout, the building remains the same.

not at all, this might be the case in some areas (that I am not aware of) and edge cases, but the typical supermarket is 1 storey, in huge cases 2 (and then one level is typically electronics, or gardening and other non-food articles and tends towards a department store by the selection of products) and doesn't have a representative / expensive outside facade, while department stores tend to have at least 3 floors, typically 4 and more, and do have to have a representative outside, so no, these are not the same kind of buildings.

Do you have any real example of a supermarket becoming a department store or vice versa?

cheers
Martin