[Tagging] Shop vs amenity

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 00:13:52 UTC 2015

On 30/08/2015 9:27 AM, John Willis wrote:
> Why do we keep coming back to the rejection of this simple and
> consistent idea? Why do people insist on making it difficult,
> counter-intuitive, and strange?

I think they are attached to their past practices and knowledge.

It is very much like a change in operating systems ... say CPM to DOS.
Or Windows '95 to windows XT etc...
The knowledge and skills developed with the past system have to be
replaced with the new,
despite any advantages to the change (particularly for new users) the
old system is familiar and therefore favoured by the established users
who don't want the trouble of learning the new.

Me? I'm in favour of any change that

 1. aids new users
 2. has a consistent structure
 3. is easy to document