[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Street area

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Aug 31 09:04:11 UTC 2015

W dniu 31.08.2015 7:54, Tobias Knerr napisał(a):
> On behalf of the proposal author, I would like to introduce you to the
> following proposal, which intends to formalize the area:highway tag:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_area
>
> The idea to use areas tagged as area:highway in addition to the highway
> way is almost 5 years old. However, there are a lot of open questions,
> which this proposal attempts to finally resolve.

I would like to note that it's a rare example of complex tagging scheme
being actively developed in parallel with special rendering layer and
JOSM style template, which is kind of "agile" loopback approach.
Initially it produces some more questions and problems, but it's better
to catch them early on.

Currently only Poland, Germany and Ukraine are being rendered:

http://osmapa.pl/w/area/
http://osmapa.pl/w/areade/
http://osmapa.pl/w/areaua/

JOSM style template is currently available from the standard templates
library as "Area:highway tags for street&footway areas".

down" [A. Cohen]