[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Street area

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Aug 31 09:43:01 UTC 2015

On Monday 31 August 2015, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On behalf of the proposal author, I would like to introduce you to
> the following proposal, which intends to formalize the area:highway
> tag:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_area

This proposal has - as a tagging proposal - a lot of formal problems
which would, if it should be approved, lead to a lot of problems and
uncertainities in mapping practice in the future and also make it
difficult to properly discuss it as part of the proposal process.  So i
would suggest to further work on this bringing it into a form of a
suitable tagging proposal (see other successful proposals from the past
for some hints) before formally starting the RFC.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/