[Tagging] Buildings mixing residential and commercial use

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:53:39 UTC 2015

> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 31.08.2015 um 00:58 schrieb John Willis <johnw at mac.com>:
>>
>> As these are so different from the multi-floor urban-mixed 3-25 story apartment buildings with shops
>
> 3 storey buildings are normally quite different to 25 storey buildings for various reasons (e.g. safety regulations, usage intensity, ...)

While the regulations buildings of different heights have to meet are different (here) .. their visual appearance and internal layout can be very similar.

The visual difference between, for example, a building only containing apartments and one containing retail on the bottom level/s and apartments above
  can be obvious (even when the number of levels are the same!). The layout of retail construction and that of apartments is different.

Where that occurs ... what tagging would you do?

For me 'building=mixed' together with sub tags looks to be a solution.