[Tagging] Decorative flower fields? (not as a crop?)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Dec 1 07:56:16 UTC 2015

On Nov 30, 2015, at 5:56 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> - it is not landuse=commercial for selling of the flowers, as they are for display,
>

> wouldn't that be landuse=retail anyway?

Oops - yes, if the land is the place where you choose your product, like a pumpkin patch or something. There is a peninsula east of Tokyo, and the main loop road around the bottom is the "Boso Flower Line" road, where there are lots of flower fields and little shops and stands along the road - the little old ladies take a shovel and dig out whatever flower bunch you want out of the ground. In the winter (I think), these big "balls" of yellow or white flowers that were carefully grown in the fall are dug out and sold in a pot. Some are close to 1m across.

Google Link:
near Boso Flower Line, Ito, Tateyama-shi, Chiba-ken 294-0314
https://goo.gl/maps/LzNAXPsEVjn

Javbw