[Tagging] Swimming pools

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:31:55 UTC 2015

On 16/12/2015 9:14 PM, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
> On 16 December 2015 at 11:08, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yes, that would make sense. Do you have a suggestion of what this tag
>>> might be?
>>>

>> Tags..
>>
>> Toilet and show already exist under amenity.
>>
>> Nearest to changing room .. room=dressing
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:room#Other_values
>>
>> some 2,000 uses. One may be tempted to use amenity=changing_room .. but that
>> could be confused with a baby nappy changing room.
>>   I'd go with room=dressing.
> Sorry, I think I misunderstood you. I wondered if you (or somebody
> else) has a suggestion for a tag for the collection of the pool(s)
> together with dressing rooms, showers etc. Or do you think this
> collection does not deserve a separate tag?
>
> -- Matthijs

For an open swimming pool .. I don't tag unless I know where these
things are. A reasonable person would assume such things are available.
If I know where they are then tag the building
building=yes
toilets=yes
shower=yes
room_dressing=yes ?

Or if you want the detail then tag the building, then add nodes for each
facility, placed appropriately with their correct tags.

For an roofed swimming pool it would be tagged
leisure=sports_centre (or swimming_pool=yes if that is all that is offered?)
building=yes
toilets=yes
shower=yes
room_dressing=yes ?