[Tagging] Swimming pools

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Dec 17 23:57:41 UTC 2015

Javbw
> On Dec 18, 2015, at 7:29 AM, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
>
> The difference between these two is not always clear in my opinion.

This is a swimming pool. It is deigned and maintained as a lap pool. Just like a house can occasionally have a party - it is not a an event venue, it is a house.

They have a couple plastic toys to help very small kids feel comfortable in the water so they learn to swim. It is a method of teaching swimming.

I learned to swim in a similar place.

La Mesa Swimming Pool
5100 Memorial Dr, La Mesa, CA 91942, United States
https://goo.gl/maps/jxo26eo47L82

The blurry place (to me) is where a single facility offers many different pools.

Many "public pools" in Japan are officially named a pool, but also offer water park amenities.

This massive "park" has several sports facilities, recreation centers, a lake, rose garden, and this pool complex.
https://goo.gl/maps/kNnuxJ42GNy

-a massive indoor event pool with spectator seating (for swimming /water polo)

- outdoor lap pool

- 3 outdoor "water park" pools with slides

- a dedicated diving pool.

Deciding on what to tag each pool is kind of easy. Deciding on what to tag the entire landuse for the venue is harder. Officially it is a "pool" complex, though it has water park attractions.