[Tagging] Swimming pools

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Sat Dec 19 10:23:27 UTC 2015

On 19 December 2015 at 03:11, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
> I would call it leisure=aquatic_center if it is based around pool based exercise/ sports/ competition and leisure=water_park for recreation (like a theme park with slides and splashing and tube pools and whatnot.

I like this one, and I think going with two main tags, water_park and
aquatic_centre (I think we should use UK spelling), is a viable
option.

Alternatively, would aquatic_centre also work as an encompassing tag,
using subtags to specify the usage, as Holger suggests? Would it be
strange to refer to a subtropical waterpark or an outdoor swimming
pool with toys and water slides as an aquatic centre?

-- Matthijs