[Tagging] Swimming pools

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Dec 19 02:11:34 UTC 2015

> On Dec 19, 2015, at 7:09 AM, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> tag for the area around a swimming pool

Usually the name for the pedestrian area around the pool is called the "pool_deck" , but I suppose you are looking for an all encompassing term.

I would call it leisure=aquatic_center if it is based around pool based exercise/ sports/ competition and leisure=water_park for recreation (like a theme park with slides and splashing and tube pools and whatnot. 

The question is what tag is used when one is mixed - not by pool (because design can dictate that with public pools) but a complex with many different types of pools. 

For the example I have earlier, I would use aquatic_center, as it's main purpose is as a sports facility, and tag the individual splash pools as something else (is there a value for "splash pool" or something, since it really isn't for swimming (less than 60cm deep and covered with toys)?


More information about the Tagging mailing list