[Tagging] landuse=plant_nursery tag not showing up on the standard map

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Dec 19 13:13:50 UTC 2015

Volker Paul wrote on 2015/12/19 12:49:
> Hi,
>
> I created an area with a landuse=plant_nursery tag
> (an official tag, see wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse=plant_nursery)
> but it did not show up on the standard map
> (by which I mean the 'Mapnik'-layer on OpenStreetMap.org),
> not even after weeks.

Hi Volker, not every tag that is documented and used, is rendered on the
main map. In this specific case, there is already a ticket open that it
should be rendered, have a look here:
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1772
and contribute to the discussion how it should look like.

> Just so see what happens, I then created two rectangles in that area,
> one tagged as landuse=plant_nursery and one as landuse=meadow.
> The meadow showed up on the map, the plant_nursery didn't.
> So I conclude it must be the tag.

OK, but please change the experiments now to the correct tagging.
Tagging tests to check rendering is being seen controversial at least.

> The "landuse"="plant_nursery" way:
> The "landuse"="meadow" way:

Tom