[Tagging] landuse=plant_nursery tag not showing up on the standard map

Volker Paul volker.paul at v-paul.de
Sun Dec 20 10:28:50 UTC 2015

On 19/12/15 14:13, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> Volker Paul wrote on 2015/12/19 12:49:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created an area with a landuse=plant_nursery tag
>> (an official tag, see
>> wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse=plant_nursery)
>> but it did not show up on the standard map
>> (by which I mean the 'Mapnik'-layer on OpenStreetMap.org),
>> not even after weeks.
>
> Hi Volker, not every tag that is documented and used, is rendered on the
> main map. In this specific case, there is already a ticket open that it
> should be rendered, have a look here:
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1772
> and contribute to the discussion how it should look like.

As for me, anything that is green enough is better than nothing.
I hope it will be decided soon. Looking at the map, I want to see
what is tagged already and what isn't.
It would be nice if there were a color or pattern for
"tagged but not yet decided how to render",
to distinguish from "not yet tagged".
Do you know a way to see what's tagged in JOSM,
except using Imagery - OpenStreetMap (Mapnik)?
>> Just so see what happens, I then created two rectangles in that area,
>> one tagged as landuse=plant_nursery and one as landuse=meadow.
>> The meadow showed up on the map, the plant_nursery didn't.
>> So I conclude it must be the tag.
>
> OK, but please change the experiments now to the correct tagging.
> Tagging tests to check rendering is being seen controversial at least.
That was just for a test and is deleted now.

Thanks for your answer,

Volker