[Tagging] Swimming pools

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Dec 21 21:31:22 UTC 2015

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 9:51 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> south of Berlin there is also an example for a tropical water park: https://=
> en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Islands_Resort

Wow!

This is an actual tropical beach and trees and everything in a giant bubble!

Our little "Caribbean  beach" could fit in the corner, as it is just a small wave pool and some slides (not a real beach with palm trees), but it serves only a few towns together with a population of 200K, not the millions of Berlin.

But both are indoors, heated, and the "draw" of the park is the indoor water play and relaxing in a warm indoor climate with other amenities (i.e. a restaurant), as opposed to all the outdoor water parks in California that are only open in the summer, as they are sprawling outdoor facilities meant to "beat the heat" of summer.

The one I used to visit is closed now.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Rivers_(water_park)

I wonder if that difference - indoor, heated, and meant for use in winter is enough to create a new tag. The one in Germany is quite a spectacle.

Javbw.