[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Aquatics centre

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Dec 26 21:21:04 UTC 2015

> On Dec 26, 2015, at 9:30 PM, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
>
> For indoor aquatics centres, I can imagine the leisure=aquatics_centre
> would normally be placed on the building.

This comes back to the landuse=civic  (civic_admin /civic_services) discussion.

Obviously the private facilities are landuse commercial (they are a company).
But the pool where I learned to swim was part of a large public recreation center (with a community hall, event complex, and baseball field). It is singularly named, and not a commercial landuse. Each building has its own name, but the complex does too - and it is not a company.

Of course naming the pool building or the small landuse it sits on as an Aquatics Centre (like the London one with all the amenities that belong to the complex) is easy - but so many of the aquatics centers are going to be part of larger public facilities like recreation centers or other civic complexes.

Another good example why we need a government/civic/something landuse(s).

Javbw.