[Tagging] Electronic or 'e' cigarettes?

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 19:48:20 UTC 2015

Another legitimate terms for these shops is a "vape shop", and the practice
of using any sort of electronic cigarette is now referred to as "vaping".
This is a better term than "smoking", as the product emits vapors, not
smoke.

We are enthusiastic about seeing this term standardized, as many
jurisdictions do not license or regulate vape shops in the same way they do
places that sell cigarettes (and thus "e-cigarette" is a confusing term).
Our research is often about tobacco shops, and vape shops, because they're
not licensed, introduce a new wrinkle.

Tac