[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 1 22:50:30 UTC 2015

Subject Was - RFD Camp ground Kitchens and their fittings

On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 09:47 -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Another one: caravan sites.  There's not any way to cleanly
> distinguish one at a state park that, save for the campground host,
> doesn't allow long term stays, to ones that allow permanent
> accommodation and rent trailers (such as the one I live in), to ones
> that are exclusively long term only .....

Yes Paul, agree.  Lets look at a small set of additional tags to add to
tourism=camp_site ?   How about (with typical data to start the
disussion)-

max_stay=2     (and define it as days)
min_stay=2     (again, days)
shade=yes
defined_sites=yes

They sound easy, now how to define the 'type' of campground. You mention
State Park and commercial, I'd add 'free', common term in Oz and means
more than no monetary charge. I reckon we could spend some time getting
agreement on that list. Warin's advice was to avoid a big package.
Hmm....

I'd also like to add mention of

amenity=toilets
fee=yes/no

To the camp_site page, they are already defined elsewhere but are needed
here. Again, non-controversial ?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site attempted this some years ago but it appears to have grown too big and it run out of steam.

David