[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 2 00:43:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 15:22 -0800, Tod Fitch wrote:
> I would like to have some of the items on Extend_camp_site page brought onto the main camp_site page. Specifically the site/pitch specific tags at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches
>
> While they are not widely used, I see a fairly big geographical distribution which implies that they might be understood and universal enough to warrant better mention.
>
> And, of course, I used them myself when mapping a couple of U.S. Forest Service campgrounds. :)

Tod, I agree with the idea but mindful of Warin's advice, more things on
the page, less chance of getting it approved. Incidently, AU we'd say
'site', the overall area would be a campground (but too late, its
already called camp_site).

I don't know if I, personally, would ever bother to map a campground
down to individual sites (or pitches as you would say). But campground
owners sure would and it would be useful indeed. I'd vote for them.

Maybe we should try and do parallel development of these things, bring
up a proposal for -

1. Overall campground, titled "additions to tourism=camp_site"

2. Site specific additions, "pitch specific additions to
tourism=camp_site"

3. Warin's kitchen specific ones.

We could prepare and discuss as a set but keep voting separate so we
don't get a few negative votes killing whole thing ?

David