[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 01:38:09 UTC 2015

On 2/02/2015 11:43 AM, David Bannon wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-02-01 at 15:22 -0800, Tod Fitch wrote:
>> I would like to have some of the items on Extend_camp_site page brought onto the main camp_site page. Specifically the site/pitch specific tags at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extend_camp_site#Tagging_of_individual_pitches
>>
>> While they are not widely used, I see a fairly big geographical distribution which implies that they might be understood and universal enough to warrant better mention.
>>
>> And, of course, I used them myself when mapping a couple of U.S. Forest Service campgrounds. :)
> Tod, I agree with the idea but mindful of Warin's advice, more things on
> the page, less chance of getting it approved. Incidently, AU we'd say
> 'site', the overall area would be a campground (but too late, its
> already called camp_site).

Some pages are an over view .. well that is what it appears to be for
me. They are good things to see.
Being in AU too .. I don't mind pitch.

> I don't know if I, personally, would ever bother to map a campground
> down to individual sites (or pitches as you would say).
Powered sites (ones with electrical power .. and possibly water and
possibly waste water connections) would be high on the probability of
being mapped. And that then falls in line with mapping the connections.
> Maybe we should try and do parallel development of these things, bring
> up a proposal for -
>
> 1. Overall campground, titled "additions to tourism=camp_site"
>
> 2. Site specific additions, "pitch specific additions to
> tourism=camp_site"
>
> 3. Warin's kitchen specific ones.
>
> We could prepare and discuss as a set but keep voting separate so we
> don't get a few negative votes killing whole thing ?

That is may way of getting things through, with the least confusion and
I think the easiest way to discuss individual features and make keys out
of them.

I've forgotten to add things to that campsite page .. payment options ..
waste water point/s ..and probably otherthings too. And they may be
better organised as 'Additional tags'?