[Tagging] Draft Additions to camp_site

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Mon Feb 2 03:33:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 12:24 +1100, Warin wrote:
> I've edited the wiki page on camp sites
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_site  to include
> links to the tags for fee, shower, laundry, firepit and water tap.

OK, if thats how its done, I have added toilets.

But seems you are restructuring things as I do so.  Not sure I like the
separate table you just added, it needs a second column describing when
a mapper should consider using the listed tag, too slow to browse off to
each page when looking up something.

For example, water. At present you have drinking_water= in the first
table, for consistency, it probably should be in the second table and
listed with amenity=water_point and amenity=drinking_water, possibly
amenity=watering_place and man_made=water_tap!  Clearly need an
explanation of why all these in a camping context....

So, if you have no objections, I'll add a second column ...

David